This was my first use of WordPress.
When I went back to College to do an intensive programming course, I decided to keep a blog as a kind of a journal of the experience.
Now, years later, I am reviving it with a new look and a new purpose. Check out the gallery to see what the old site looked like, and how the new one is coming along!
WHAT I DID in 2010
- created a database and installed WordPress
- chose and customized a theme
- wrote blog entries
Honestly, the biggest challenge here was understanding how to create a database and install WordPress.
I didn’t want to use the “one-click install” offered by my hosting; I wanted to understand how WordPress worked, and to do that I needed to start with the very basics.
WHAT I’M DOING in 2018
- installed a new, responsive theme (Divi)
- Created a new logo to go with the new styling
- customized the theme with new plugins and a lot of custom CSS code
- Started a brand new set of blog posts, relevant to my target audience of women over 50
- Updated the SEO of the content